Purpose: To develop and manage programs that promote the strategic objectives of the William & Lily Foundation.
Employment Status: Full time, permanent employment, three-month probation period.
Accountability: This position reports to the Foundation’s Executive Director.
Supervisory Level: This position supervises one Program Officer in the national office, and two Field Officers in Southwest Sumba.
About the William & Lily Foundation (WLF)
WLF is an Indonesian-based philanthropic foundation established in 2009 as an outgrowth of the philanthropic legacy of William and Lily Soeryadjaya. The Foundation’s vision is “equal opportunities for all Indonesian to flourish”. Therefore, our mission is to empower vulnerable and marginalized communities by bridging learning and access to opportunities in the four-intervention area, which is education, health, economic empowerment and enabling environment. As an active grant-making foundation, WLF works closely with implementation partners on those four-focus areas and is committed to impactful and responsible interventions in its efforts to empower underprivileged communities across Indonesia. Although the scope of WLF philanthropic endeavors is countrywide, its current geographical focus centers on eastern Indonesia.
The Program Lead will be based in the Foundation office in Jakarta. However, she/he will likely be required to travel occasionally to project locations (estimated 4-6 times per year), which may be as far as eastern Indonesia.
- Lead WLF’s program design and development process from ideation to implementation, including but not limited to conducting needs assessments as well as developing concept notes and call for proposals (CFP).
- Be a key member of the grant management team and participate in the procurement process, including the selection of program proposals and implementing partners.
- Provide technical support and assistance to grantees on program implementation.
- Ensuring programs follow best practices and evidence-based lessons learned from the field as well as implement research-based interventions.
- Work closely with the team in ensuring synergies across programs and alignment with strategic plans to maximize impact and efficiencies within WLF’s portfolio.
- Support team and collaborate with the Foundation’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning Manager in developing and implementing MERL and data collection processes.
- Support development of quarterly and annual reports.
- Establish and maintain good partnership principles and communications with grantees.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Candidate Profile & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s degree in relevant fields is preferred.
- Up to 8 years of experience designing and/or managing programs in the NGO/development sector. Additional experience in a growing non-government organization is an advantage.
- Passionate about improving Indonesia and excited about WLF’s desire to help marginalized communities through education, healthcare and economic empowerment.
- Fluent in Indonesian and English languages (reading, writing, speaking, and especially ability to understand research reports and articles in both languages).
- Entrepreneurial drive and desire to build from the ground up.
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational, management, planning and coordination skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with online collaborative work approaches.
- Team player, high commitment to work and good interpersonal communication skills.
- Independent thinking with an openness to and enthusiasm for learning and new ideas and approaches.
- Passionate about Indonesia’s development and excited about the Foundation’s desire to help marginalized communities through education, health and economic empowerment.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a sense of humor.
- Passionate about sharing knowledge and skills.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit sector.
- A nurturing learning environment with opportunities for professional development (opportunities in the form of courses or training workshops).
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send complete application (cover letter, most updated CV, three references and samples to a portfolio of your work that you believe best reflects your passions, competency and skill set) by filling out the following form: https://tinyurl.com/WLFPL2022 by Thursday, June 30th 2022, at 17.00 Jakarta time, at the latest.
Please name you documents as follow:
Full Name_Program Lead_Cover Letter
Full Name_Program Lead_CV
Full Name_Program Lead_portfolio 01
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview process.
The William & Lily Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.